- A group is any party consisting of 10 people or more.
- You do not have to be a member of any organisation to stay at Safestay, however we do require that you provide some form of valid photo identification upon check in, preferably a valid passport, national identity card or driving license. Student cards are not accepted as ID.
- Check-in. – Rooms are available at 2pm on the day of arrival, 3pm at Safestay Edinburgh. However you are welcome to drop off any luggage in the morning. Please contact us in advance if you will have a large quantity of luggage to store.
- Check-out. – Departing groups must remove all their belongings from their room, and check out, before 10am. After this time groups may make use of the luggage storage facilities but all possessions must be removed from the room and the room key card handed back to reception. Late check-outs will incur a charge of an additional night.
- All Groups must have a minimum of one group leader who is responsible for the entire group. Leaders will be the contact person for our staff, and will be expected to act on all complaints.
- Age restriction. – Customers under the age of 16 are only permitted to stay in private rooms.
- A €/£250.00 (€/£500 for Stag and Hen Parties) security deposit is required at check-in, to be returned on the day of your departure if no damage is detected according to the conditions laid out in section 4 of this document. You can leave the deposit by cash or debit/credit card. Cards will be pre-authorized on check-in for the full amount. If your deposit is being secured with a third party credit card we will require written authorisation to be provided by the card-holder.
- Upon check-in each guest will receive a room key card for access to their room. These key cards are activated for the period of stay only and must be handed back to reception on check out. Failure to return the key card will result in a charge of €/£5.00 per card being deducted from your security deposit.
- Payment for all group bookings must be made in advance. All payment must be sorted prior to arrival or you may be hindered from checking in to the property.
- A 10% non-refundable deposit will be required to confirm your booking if it is for an arrival date more than 42 days in advance. If your booking is for an arrival date less than 42 days in advance you will be required to pay the full cost of the reservation at the time of booking.
- The full balance of your booking must be paid no less than 28 days prior to the arrival date. This includes payment for all ancillaries, extras and any additional fees that you may have incurred.
- Where the booking is for a date more than 3 months in advance it can be held provisionally for up to 2 weeks only. After this period, if no deposit has been received, the booking can be removed without notification to the group leader.
- Where the booking is for a date within 3 months, but greater than a month, it can be held provisionally for up to 1 week only. After this period, if no deposit has been received, the booking can be removed without notification to the group leader.
- Payments must be made in the local currency and can be made either by Visa, MasterCard, Debit Card, or in some cases by cheque, bank transfer or cash. If your booking is being paid for by a third-party credit card, we will require written authorisation to be provided by the card-holder. Please inform us of your intended method of payment on confirmation of your booking.
- Bank transfers must be accompanied by the bank’s proof of payment.
- Please note that we do not accept Laser Card or American Express.
- All fees incurred by the payee due to the method of payment, (i.e. bank transfer fees issued by the sending or receiving bank), are to be paid by the group. Safestay is not responsible for these fees.
- If any payment under these terms and conditions is overdue, then without prejudice to our other rights and remedies we may cancel your booking(s) and/or we may suspend the supply and/or deliveries of any other services being provided to you by Safestay. We will however inform you in writing prior to any such action.
- Ancillary charges will be agreed between Safestay and the client at the time of booking.
- All ancillary charges must be paid in full at least 28 days before arrival of the group. If the ancillary services and/or products are booked within 28 days prior to arrival full payment will be required at the time of booking.
AMENDMENTS & CANCELLATIONS
- Subject to availability, you may make changes to a Group Booking up to 42 days prior to your arrival date without charge. Safestay will endeavour to accommodate all requested changes to a group booking whether this be in the numbers of participants or the room allocation.
- Within 42 days of your arrival date cancellations and changes out-with the 10% deposit paid, will be subject to the following charges based on group size and notice given and as previously stated, deposits paid at time of booking will be non-refundable.
||Cancellation fee (%)
|Days prior to arrival
||Groups of 50 +
||Groups of 49 –
|28 – 41
|15 – 27
|0 – 14
- Early departures are not eligible for refund under any circumstances.
- Cancellations must be in writing, either in the form of a letter, fax or email. We do not accept cancellations over the telephone.
- Changes to a confirmed reservation, (e.g. changes to dates or number of guests), are subject to the availability of a suitable alternative and may be subject to cancellation charges or change fees, if applicable.
- We will inform you of any additional cost in writing prior to the change. No change will be made without agreement.
- Amendments made less than 6 weeks prior to the arrival date can result in full payment being taken for the unallocated beds.
- If Ancillary Services are cancelled within 72 hours of the time they are due to commence or be provided, the Client will be charged 100% of the Ancillary Charges, Safestay will provide the Client with a full refund of any Ancillary Charges for Ancillary Services cancelled more than 72 hours prior to commencement of the relevant Ancillary Service.
- By giving us your credit card details you are authorising us to use this as security for your reservation and your accommodation. Any unpaid cancellation charges will be charged to your debit/credit card. Any Agents will be invoiced for the full booking amount and must be paid within 14 days of invoice. If any payment under these terms and conditions is overdue, then without prejudice to our other rights and remedies we may cancel your booking(s) and/or we may suspend the supply and/or deliveries of any other services being provided to you by Safestay.
- Safestay may be required to cancel bookings if: (i) there is a reasonable operational reason to do so; or (ii) the Booking is prejudicial to the reputation of Safestay. Safestay may, in certain circumstances use reasonable endeavours to relocate any cancelled Bookings to an alternative nearby location of a similar standard to that of the Booking. Safestay shall provide a full refund for any cancellations made under such conditions.
- At Check-in, groups are required to leave a security deposit of £/€ 250 ( £/€ 500 for Stag and Hen Parties) to cover any damages caused during the stay at the hostel. The deposit will be returned on departure subject to no damages being reported or detected. The deposit is payable via cash, debit or credit card.
- The comfort of all of our guests is of paramount importance. Any guests who in the opinion of our staff compromise the comfort, safety, or security of other guests, staff or local residents will be requested to leave the hostel premises and will not be issued a refund.
- On arrival, at least one leader will be required to sign a statement of intention to uphold the rules set in place for groups upon arrival. The group leaders must ensure that all members of their group behave in an acceptable manor.
- The group leader will be responsible for any wilful damage that is caused to the rooms, furnishings or hostel, for any theft of hostel property by any member of the group or in the case of guest complaints due to the behaviour of the group. Damages will be deducted from the security deposit paid and remaining costs will be required to be paid, or a payment agreement reached prior to departure.
- Should damage come to light after the group has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the group’s credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address. We will however make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialists to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
- Guests are asked to use the secure lockers provided in each room, the safety deposit boxes at reception or the luggage store.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that their personal belongings are secure at all times. Safestay accepts no liability for the loss, theft or damage to property however sustained or caused.
- Lost property will only be kept for one month, if it is not collected within a month it will be given to a local charity.
- Safestay shall only store and use the information you supply to us or which is supplied to us for the purposes of carrying out our contract with you and to inform you of other services and offers which we make available from time to time. If you do not wish to receive such information please let us know by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Safestay, John Smith House, London, SE17 1JL.
OVERSIGHTS & ERRORS
- Any oversights or errors in sales literature, on www.safestay.com, third party web pages, order forms, quotations, price lists, order acknowledgements, despatch notes, invoices or other documents issued by us may be corrected by us without liability. We will advise you of any changes at the time of booking or as soon as is reasonably possible thereafter.
- All bookings are subject to availability and Safestay reserves the right to decline any booking at its discretion.
Anything unclear? Take a look at our FAQs pages or Contact Us for more information.