- You do not have to be a member of any organisation to stay at Safestay however we do require that you present some form of valid photo identification upon check in, preferably a valid passport, national identity card or driving license. Student cards are not accepted as valid ID.
- Check-in. Rooms are available at 2pm at Safestay Elephant and Castle. However you are welcome to drop off any luggage in the morning.
- Check-out. Departing guests must remove all their belongings from their room, and check out, before 10am. After this time guests may make use of the luggage storage facilities but all possessions must be removed from the room and the room key card handed back to reception. Late check-outs will incur a charge of an additional night.
- Upon check-in each guests will receive a room key card for access to their room. These key cards are activated for the period of stay only and must be handed back to reception on check out. Failure to return the key card will result in a charge of £5.00 per card.
- At Safestay Elephant & Castle stays longer than 14 days will be at the discretion of the General Manager.
2. AGE RESTRICTION & ROOM ALLOCATION
- Age restriction. Customers under the age of 18 are only permitted to stay in private rooms or shared rooms that are booked for the sole use of one family or a group of persons booked together and must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18. Any person between the age of 16 and 18 years must be accompanied by an adult (over 18) staying in the same room or dormitory.
- At Safestay we take great care to allocate beds in a way we think will be best for each booking. Please note that when making your booking online, there may be occasions when it might not be possible to allocate all guests in the same room. Please contact the relevant hostel reception by phone or email with the booking reference and we will be able to inform you if this is the case. Please contact us if you would like to guarantee a bottom bunk, which we are happy to provide, subject to availability. You’ll find contact details on the Contact page of this website or on each individual property’s information page.
3. PAYMENT POLICY
- Online bookings are charged a 10% non-refundable deposit.
- For all other bookings (i.e. telephone, email, fax or walk-ins), we will require you to provide valid credit card details when making your reservation in order to guarantee your booking.
- The balance owing will be due in full upon arrival, payable by debit, credit card or cash.
- If your booking is being paid for with a third party credit card we will require written authorisation to be provided by the card-holder.
- We offer no credit facilities. All bookings must be paid for in full upon arrival.
- Please note that we do not accept cheque, Laser Card or American Express. We are unable to take Electron or Solo cards via email, fax or telephone, however you can swipe these cards at check-in.
- If any payment under these terms and conditions is not met, then without prejudice to our other rights and remedies we may cancel your booking; and/or we may suspend the supply and/or deliveries of any other services provided to you by us. We will however inform you in writing prior to any such action.
4. AMENDMENTS & CANCELLATIONS
- We have a 24 hours cancellation policy. All notifications to cancellations must be made by 2pm on the day prior to arrival. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay, and all subsequent nights, if any, will be cancelled.
- Any amendments to your bookings must be made at least 24hrs prior to arrival. We will try and accommodate your amendments subject to availability.
- Refunds will only be given for any subsequent nights if payment has already been made and the above terms and conditions met.
- Cancellations must be made either writing or by telephone.
- Early departures may be eligible for refund anything after 24 hours.
- In the case of a late departure (after 10am), Safestay reserves the right to charge for a further night’s stay at the appropriate bed rate.
5. GUEST BEHAVIOUR
- The comfort of all of our guests is of paramount importance. Any guests who in the opinion of our staff compromises the comfort, safety, or security of other guests, staff or local residents will be requested to leave the hostel premises and will not be issued a refund.
- Guests are expected to respect other guests, staff, local residents and property.
- We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage, caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act of the guest to the hostel’s property or structure. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit / debit card, or to send an invoice for the amount to the registered address. We will of course make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialists to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
- We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the premises by them without our prior consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item, including any carriage charges. Should the fact that the item is missing come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guests credit / debit card, or to send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the Safestay premises. Any guest found smoking within the building will be charged a fee of £250.00 in order to cover the extensive cost of restoring the room to a smoke-free condition.
- Further failure to comply will result in the guest(s) being asked to leave the premises immediately and will not be offered a refund. If you wish to smoke please ask our reception staff on arrival about designated smoking areas.
6. PERSONAL PROPERTY
- Guests are asked to use the secure lockers provided in each room, the safety deposit boxes at reception or the luggage store. Padlocks are available to purchase at reception.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that their personal belongings are secure at all times. Safestay accepts no liability for the loss, theft or damage to property however sustained or caused.
- Safestay reserve the right to only store lost and forgotten items for a period of 3 weeks. After the 3 weeks period, items will be disposed of and Safestay can no longer assist in recovering lost or forgotten items. Safestay takes no responsibility for forgotten or lost items and cannot guarantee that items can be found/recovered. Postage costs, where incurred, are to be paid by the receiver of the items. Safestay takes no responsibility for items that are lost or damaged during postage.
7. YOUR INFORMATION
- Safestay shall only store and use information you supply to us or which is supplied to us for the purposes of carrying out our contract with you and to inform you of other services and offers which we may make available from time to time. If you do not wish to receive such information please let us know by emailing us at: email@example.com or by writing to us at Safestay, John Smith House, London, SE17 1JL.
8. OVERSIGHTS & ERRORS
- Any oversights or errors in sales literature, on www.safestay.com, third party websites, order forms, quotations, price lists, order acknowledgements, dispatch notes, invoices or other documents issued by us may be corrected by us without liability. We will advise you of any changes at the time of booking or as soon as is reasonably possible thereafter.
- All bookings are subject to availability and Safestay reserves the right to decline any booking at its discretion.
Anything unclear? Take a look at our FAQs pages or Contact Us for more information.