Red Prague - behind the Iron Curtain tour
Explore through Prague's New Town to discover sights that are associated with the political liberalisation effort of the Prague Spring.
The Red Prague Tour: Behind the Iron Curtain starts at the Old Town Square in front of the Cartier shop and Czech tourism office centre, on the corner of Pařížská and Dlouhá street.
This 2.5-hour walking tour about Communist Prague includes:
- The headquarters of Communist Party, KSČM
- The relationship between Communism and faith
- The National Museum, and its Soviet battle scars
- The scandalous progressive artistic direction of the National Theatre
- Political liberalisation during the Prague Spring
- Wenceslas Square, where hundreds of thousands gathered during the Velvet Revolution
- The end of the Communist regime, after the Velvet Revolution
- Václav Havel memorial, the first president of the Czech Republic … and much more!