Travel like a Local
Barcelona is a great city to visit and is full of places to see, eat and drink! As it is a large city divided into quarters, it can be difficult trying to find places to go that are nearby.
But don’t worry we are here to lend a hand. We have created the Barcelona Local Travel Guide so that you can discover some great places near the Safestay Hostel!Just before we start!
Have you read Part 1 of our Barcelona Local Travel Guide? Be sure to check it out!
Right now we are ready!
1. Opium Barcelona-Restaurant, Lounge, Club
- Location Passeig Marítim de la Barceloneta, 34, 08003 Barcelona
- Hours Restaurant times: 12:00-23:45 ; Night club hours: 00:00-Early morning
- Phone +34 932 25 91 00
- Website https://www.opiumbarcelona.com
- Social F: @opiumbarcelona ; T: @OPIUMBarcelona ; I; @opiumbarcelona
Boasting a great view of the Mediterranean Sea, Opium Barcelona is a great place to eat and dance the night a way in! The large terrace means you can enjoy a romantic meal overlooking the sea, or enjoy a great show of electronic music from some world-renowned DJs. The futuristic decor, amazing views and great music will make this place a night you will never forget!
- Location Passeig Marítim de la Barceloneta, 36, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
- Hours Everyday: 11:00 - 06:00
- Phone +34 932 25 92 00
- Website http://shoko.biz/
- Social F: @shokobarcelona ; T: @ShokoBCN I: @shokobarcelona
Famous for their originality and themed parties, Shoko is a great nightclub – and is particularly famous for its “after-parties” from concerts nearby. Alongside their nightclub, their restaurant is a fusion of Asian and Mediterranean flavours, with an outside terrace for a panoramic view while you eat your meal! Why not book the VIP experience, where you can chill in the lounge and have a great view of the sea and the best seat in the club and sip on the best cocktails that the city has to offer!!
3. Safestay Barcelona Passeig de Gràcia rooftop bar
- Location Passeig de Gràcia, 33, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
- Phone +34 932 15 65 38
- Website https://www.safestay.com
- Social F: @SafestayHQ ; T: @SafestayHQ I: @SafestayHostels
Why not try something a little closer to home and have a drink in our rooftop bar at the hostel? Our relaxed and friendly atmosphere makes it a great place to hang out with friends and enjoy a drink – or two – as the sun goes down. We also have live music at our rooftop where Leo our tour representative at Passeig de Gràcia also likes to join in and showcase his music skills on his guitar.
1. Boqueria Market
- Location La Rambla, 91, 08001 Barcelona
- Hours Mon-Sat: 08:00-20:30 Sun: CLOSED
- Phone +34 933 18 25 84
- Website http://www.boqueria.barcelona
- Social F: @LaBoqueriaMercat ; T: @la_boqueria ; I: @la_boqueria
Situated in Las Ramblas, Boqueria Market is a great place to buy some fresh food and produce or visit some of the great bars and restaurants nearby where their food is prepared with products fresh from the market! The market is in the heart of Barcelona and is not to be missed if you are looking for a culturally enriching place to visit and eat!
So much choice so much food!
2. O’toxo 3 Hermanos
- Location Carrer del Carme, 59, 08001 Barcelona
- Hours Mon-Thurs: 09:00-00:30, Fri-Sat: 09:00-1:30, Sun: 13:45-00:00
- Phone +34 934 42 92 57
- Website https://www.otoxo3hermanos.com/es/
- Social F: @Otoxo3Hermanos
If you want to experience the true Spanish dining experience, this is the place to go! Located in the heart of Barcelona, O’toxo 3 Hermanos serves a fantastic traditional paella and a selection of Galician tapas – plenty of choice for everyone! Why not wash your meal down with a Spanish Rioja or a jug of Sangria! This is a place where locals and tourists alike come to eat, relax and unwind, so make sure you visit during your time in Barcelona!
- Location Carrer de Sardenya, 324, 08025 Barcelona
- Hours Mon: 9:30-00:30, Tue: CLOSED ; Wed-Sun: 9:30-00:30
- Phone +34 934 46 20 03
- Tripadvisor Aitor Restaurant
Located just a street away from the famous La Sagrada Família, Aitor is the ideal pit-stop after a busy day of sight-seeing! They serve the best pintxos – which are small snacks, similar to tapas – and you can try a range of different dishes to ensure you have tried an array of food that Spain has to offer! Offering outdoor seating you can soak up the sun and watch the world go by while enjoying some delicious food!
1. La Sagrada Família
- Location Carrer de Mallorca, 401, 08013 Barcelona
- Hours 09:00-19:00
- Phone +34 932 080 414
- Website http://www.sagradafamilia.org/en/
- Social F: @BasilicadelaSagradaFamilia ; I: @basilicasagradafamilia ; T: @sagradafamilia
La Sagrada Família is Barcelona’s most famous attraction and arguably Gaudí’s most famous work. The La Sagrada Família is a giant Basilica – a large Catholic church with certain privileges conferred on it by the Pope – that has been under construction since 1882 with an expected completion to be around 2026. It is very easy to visit the building using the underground service from the hostel. Gaudí worked on the building for 43 years until his death and five generations have witnessed the construction of the Temple through the years, making it not only a place of worship but of historical value. Why not make the most of your visit and opt for a guided tour or audio guide to find out some amazing facts!
2. Casa Batlló
- Location Passeig de Gràcia, 43, 08007 Barcelona
- Hours Mon-Sun: 9:00-21:00, last entry in is at 8 pm!
- Phone +34 93 216 03 06
- Website https://www.casabatllo.es/en/
- Social F: @casabatllo ; I: @CasaBatlloGaudi ; T: @casabatllo
Casa Batlló is a UNESCO world heritage site located in the centre of Barcelona. Considered to be one of his masterpieces, Casa Batlló was designed by the famous Antoni Gaudí. Josep Batlló bought the house in 1904 and hired Gaudí to design his home and by 1906 the building was transformed into the masterpiece it is today! With its intricate design, sculpted stonework and catenary arches, Casa Batlló is hailed as one of the best architectural buildings in the world and is a definite must-see when visiting the city!
3. Mountain of Montjuïc
- Location Montjuïc, 08038, Barcelona
- Hours Mon-Sun: 10:00-20:00
- Phone +34 932 56 44 45
Standing at a height of 173 metres and located near the sea, the Mountain of Montjuïc offers a stunning glimpse of Barcelona. Not only will you be able to see a glorious view of the city, there are plenty of parks, museums, gardens and viewpoints on the hill. As a former watchtower in the 1600s, you can see why the Montjuïc Castle is one of the best places to go on the mountain to get the best views! The castle has been at the centre of many historic events so while enjoying the sun, sea and views you can also brush up on your history knowledge!