This is the only guide you need!
We've produced the ultimate Lisbon local travel guide for you.
Discover several places to drink, eat and see as well as the best Instagram spots in this beautiful city of Lisbon. Get ready because we are gonna only show you the best things so that your trip becomes a trip to remember.
Things to do
Just before we start, be sure to read our blog about Lisbon’s best day trips? It’s worth a read!
Also, check out our Ultimate Lisbon Local Travel Guide!
- Location Armazém A, Cais da Pedra a Sta Apolónia, 1950-376 Lisboa, Portugal
- Hours Thu - Sat: 23:00 - 06:00
- Phone +351 21 882 0890
- Website http://www.luxfragil.com/
- Social F: @luxfragil ; T: @luxfragil ; I: @luxfragil
If you’re more into nightclubs then Lux is the place for you! If you’re into techno then you will love this place and with quick service, you’ll be having a great time until the early hours of the next day! Be sure to head up to the sky bar to see the great vies of Lisbon!
2. Loucos e Sonhadores
- Location R. da Rosa 261, 1200-385 Lisboa, Portugal
- Hours Mon-Sat: 19:00 - 02:00 ; Sunday - Closed
- Phone +351 21 347 1339
With its cosy interior and quick service, you will immediately feel at home! With low prices, you will definitely have a good time here! It gets very lively here so it’s a great place to meet new people and socialise while enjoying a cocktail or two.
3. Casa Independente
- Location Largo do Intendente Pina Manique 45, 1100-088 Lisboa, Portugal
- Hours Tue - Thu: 17:00 - 00:00 ; Fri - Sat: 17:00 - 02:00
- Phone +351 21 887 2842
- Website http://casaindependente.com/?lang=en
- Social F: @CasaIndependente
This is a place to go to if you like to relax and enjoy a drink with your friends or significant other. With a relaxed atmosphere, you’ll be able to unwind after a long day of travelling. They also have live performances! You can also get food during the afternoon before it turns into a bar in the evening!
1. Casa do Alentejo
- Location R. das Portas de Santo Antão 58, 1150-043 Lisboa, Portugal
- Hours Everyday: 12:00 - 21:30
- Phone +351 21 340 5140
- Website http://www.casadoalentejo.com.pt/
- Social F: @palacioalverca
Located near the Restauradores Metro station is the 2 story restaurant. It is located within a magnificent beautiful building and if you like the exterior you will definitely like the interior! With great decoration, you will feel like you’re in a palace! The food is amazing and reasonably priced which is why it’s a must visit when in Lisbon!
2. O Trevo
- Location Praça Luís de Camões 48, 1200-108 Lisboa, Portugal
- Hours Everyday: 07:00 - 22:00
- Phone +351 21 346 8092
- Social F: @OTrevoLisboa
If you’re looking for some authentic food then this is the place! It is always busy making it have such a lively atmosphere! You definitely have to go when in Lisbon! They are very popular for their sandwiches so be sure to try their bifana (pork sandwich), it is amazing!
Want to try some traditional Lisbon dishes? Well here is 5 traditional dishes you need to try.
1. Miradouro da Graca
- Location Calçada da Graça, 1100-265 Lisboa, Portugal
- Hours Open 24 hours
- Phone +351 920 049 951
- Website http://www.cm-lisboa.pt/en/equipments/equipment/info/sophia-de-mello-breyner-andresen
- Social I: @camara_municipal_lisboa
If you love history then you will love this! Be ready to find the traditional architecture of Lisbon! You will be able to see the classical colourful tiles that surround Lisbon. Don’t forget to take pictures and add #SafestayLisbon as Lisbon is very famous for its tiles.
1. Torre de Belém
- Location Av. Brasília, 1400-038 Lisboa, Portugal
- Website http://www.torrebelem.gov.pt/pt/index.php
This is the place to visit if you want to get the best out of Lisbon! The beautiful tower on the river serves as a great backdrop for all your photos! If you go at the right time you will be able to catch the sun in the background as well! This adds a whole different character to your photos. Not only is the tower beautiful but the whole area is amazing!
2. Elevador da Glória
- Location Calçada da Glória 6, 1250-001 Lisboa, Portugal
- Website http://www.carris.pt/pt/ascensores-e-elevador/
- Social I: @carris.pt
If you love art then you will love this. The tram is covered in a lot of beautiful art which can serve as a great background to your photos. Be sure to also enjoy the tram ride after you get a photo, it is a well worth trip that every tourist must do!